We are grade II listed with English Heritage, and the summer house seen in photos used to revolve to make the most of the sun. The house was a private dwelling throughout the 19th Century and 1895 sales particulars state it had over 100 acres of land. It became a Hotel in 1978 and had extensive modifications to the buildings from 1982 onwards. A large Function room was added and later a Pipe/digital organ was installed in this room. The Cottages were converted from the old stable block and coach house.
In October 2001 HM King Charles III made a private visit to Nichols Nymet House to meet some local business people who had been affected by the "foot and mouth" epidemic. He is seen below photographed in the hall with Paul, Muriel, Emma and Charles Goodman.
To view some old images of the Manor House and surrounding area, we have included some pictures. Click on any of the images below to view a larger version.